Upgrading Known is designed to be very simple.
- Take a backup of your Known directory and database.
- Overwrite your Known files except your upload directory and your config.ini file.
- Access your Known site homepage.
If you're using a direct checkout from GitHub (rather than using one of the prepared packages), you need to update any dependencies using
If you are upgrading from a significantly older version of Known, or if a config.ini file no longer exists in your installation directory, you may need to perform the following additional steps:
- Click on the set up button
- Enter in your database name, user name, host name and password
- Update the path for the "Uploads" folder. (It may automatically default to the proper path name, but double check it.)
- Hit enter and you'll be taken to your site.
Thanks to Chris Aldich for this point.
- Previous releases of Known (<0.9.5) used a now deprecated mongo driver. If you are running your site on Mongo, you will first need to make sure that you have installed the new PHP MongoDB driver.
- Additionally, the 0.9.9 release changed the default database engine, so you'll need to specify
database = 'mongo'in your config.ini